Thick, long, curly or straight?

Earlier this week I had one of those moments where I thought, "why didn't I think of that?"

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to declare my love for San Francisco. We could, without a doubt, live in this city. There are great neighborhoods, fantastic restaurants and bars and fabulous shopping. This city, which is on the water, has it all! I think SF may now top my list of American cities. I like NYC and Boston, but SF seems to have it all, and still seems to have a relaxed feel to it. The traffic in and around the city is terrible though...but given that I don't have my license, I guess I would spend most of my time on the BART anyway!

Ok, back to the eureka moment...so, what girl does not love to get her hair cut? But is it really the cut we like? Or, is it the relaxing hair wash with fantastic smelling products? It is the blow dry, that no matter how many times you try it at home just doesn't look the same - yes, yes it is!

This afternoon we decided to grab lunch and walk along Filmore before heading to the airport. We had lunch, and Rob decided that he would grab a latte in Starbucks and catch up on a few emails. I planned on checking out the local shops when I came upon Drybar. The concept of Drybar is that they wash and style your hair for a flat fee - it doesn't matter if you have a bob, or long locks - everyone pays the same amount. I tried my luck and they had an appointment available. I almost didn't hear as my stylist Taylor called my name, as I was so enamoured by the space - it is elegant, fun and fresh. The base colours and white and yellow and it works well.

Before washing my hair Taylor and I took a look through the nicely put together book which includes photos of the various styles they offer. In typical North American fashion, if you have something else in mind, they are happy to accommodate. I really liked Taylor's hair style and asked if she could replicate it - copying is the strongest type of flattery, right? We then got started - an excellent hair wash (in a remarkably comfortable seat I might add!) including a scalp massage. Then, the artwork began. She dried my hair, which given its thickness and length is an arm workout for the best of them! After drying, she started the styling - I only wish I had kept my glasses on so that I could have learned how to replicate it! In less than 35 minutes I was paying and out the door! I walked out of Drybar with a hair high - smiling and almost walking on air, the sensation that I think most of us women feel when walking out of a hair salon when we love our hair!

Drybar first opened last year and they have been a grand success and have opened up shops across the US. The concept is a simple one - and sometimes simplicity is best!

I am absolutely convinced that this idea would be a hit in cities like London, Paris, etc. and I can only hope that they decide to make the journey across the pond soon!

www.thedrybar.com (there website is as creative and beautiful as their shops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment