Burger Bust

I wrote Burger Bonanza anticipating that people would go a little burger crazy and start taste testing burgers worldwide. Unfortunately, the burger bonanza has been a burger bust.

Well, perhaps not a total bust, as the two burger champions (Mr Burger and Bobby Burger) have been to Holy Cow and have written reviews. I really can’t complain though, as I haven’t had a burger since writing the post. I was tempted last night when celebrating Rob’s birthday at the Great Escape, but alas I settled on the goat cheese salad…boring, I know! Is the reason for the bust the weather perhaps? I know that I personally crave burgers when the sun is shining and when walking home from work along the lake I can smell nothing but the hundreds of barbecue’s which have been fired up. It might also have something to do with the fact that for me, a burger is not really a burger unless it is topped with banana peppers. Unfortunately we are fresh out at the moment. So, all this to say that I apologise to all of the burger lovers out there – I have failed you.

Perhaps a more suitable mission for me would be to find the best candy. Anyone interested in helping? I can think of at least a few friends who would be well suited for this role…

No comments:

Post a Comment