For the love of a dog.

One of the best feelings in the world is coming home to a dog, tail wagging, and excited to see you. No matter how terrible your day was, a wagging tail makes almost anything better.

We have had many dogs over the years, each of whom has left an impression on me. Casey was our golden retriever who passed away too young, following a fight with cancer. I remember spending a few cold winter afternoons with him in the park across the street, telling him how much I would miss him. Funny enough, even just writing about him, I am crying on our Easy Jet flight! Molly, our second golden retriever, who loved everything italian, was the dainty female who loved a good roll around in the mud. Omega, was our first black labrador and he was a true momma's boy. He ate everything...including a dozen fruitcakes off the counter, but we loved him anyway. We rescued Reno, the big adorable golden retriever from a hunter who deemed him as no good, given his fear of guns. While one can never really choose their favorite dog, he and I had a special bond and I was devastated when he passed away a couple of years ago. My mom currently has two black labradors, Angus and Jack and both have an uncanny ability of putting a smile on my face. My mom, the woman who would formely have been shocked by the idea of letting a dog on the couch, allows these two clowns to do as they please...I am sure that our other dogs are turning over in the graves as I write this!!

Rob and I keep talking about getting a dog...it is me, the dog lover that is holding us back...saying that now is not the right time. Is there ever a right time?! I know that after the long days of work that I have been experiencing recently, the idea of coming home to Rob and a lovely hairy and sloberingly fabulous dog sounds like perfection! Anyone know of a golden retriever for sale?

2 comments:

  1. Have I told you that I want a chocolate lab and I want to name him Chuck (Bass). :)
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this, especially now that Bailey passed away last week.

    Great post Hannah, making me feel a little emotional (at work). Opps.

    xxxxx
    .m

    ReplyDelete