Some old cheddar

One of the things that I miss the most from home is a great piece of cheddar cheese. Strangely enough, I am not actually a huge cheese eater...but there is something about a piece of old cheddar. Cheddar cheese makes me think of my grandfather Malcolm. Mac is serious about his love for cheese and does not believe in ever cutting a slice...his cheese slices are more cheese chunks!

During our recent weekend in London we had lunch at the St Pancras train station. Enticed by the smells coming from Sourced Market, and the lovely looking cookies, Jules and I decided to grab lunch there. We were paying for lunch when I spotted this round maroon wax object...which as it turned out to be cheddar cheese. I bought immediately, proceeded to take it in my pocket to the NFL game in london and back to Switzerland with me! Yes, I bought cheese from the UK back to the land of cheese

Well, I waited a week and then decided it was time to do the taste test...and I fell in love from my very first bite! I shared a piece with local cheese expert Rob Lockhart, whose eyes lit up as he bit into it! The next thing I knew, I was checking the Easy Jet website looking for deals to London just to buy this cheese. Rob and I finished it earlier this week, by cutting it up, putting it in pita bread and melting it in the oven...and then dipping it in salsa. This meal inspired by Robin Heffernan and her dining hall in university!

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the cheese, but the next time you are in the St Pancras station, look for the round maroon waxed item, and don't just buy one, be sure to buy two!

www.sourcedmarket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment