gratifying graffiti

One of the best feelings is when you discover something fabulous and new in your own city.

I experienced this when I was first introduced to Chez Mario a few weeks ago. I had always heard great things about it, although had been warned that its lack of air conditioning in the summer can make it a bit unbearable. An invite from friends of ours to join them and their parents for dinner meant that we would finally get the chance to check out what would turn out to be a real gem.

I had just returned from Singapore where I had had a few too many green curries and had a missed out on a bunch of meals. Needless to say, I was ready eat, eat, eat and I was ready for carbs, carbs and more carbs. I opted for this fabulous sounding pizza, the Pulcinella. It was topped with tomatoes, rucola (there is that special ingredient once again!) and ricotta. The pizza did not disappoint! I must make it clear however that it was not the best pizza I have ever had in Lausanne...that title still rests with Bruschetta.

It is Chez Mario's graffiti walls, fun staff and overall atmosphere that left a positive impression with me and will ensure that it is on my top list of restos in Lausanne. Its is also its extensive menu, although admittedly overwhelming that will also ensure that I will be a repeat customer.
And I am pleased to report that my positive impression was reinforced last night when a friend and I had dinner there!

Dear Chez Mario, please ensure that you always have the ingredients to make a Pulcinella pizza in stock at all times...and I promise to keep coming back!!

Chez Mario - www.pizzamario.ch

1 comment:

  1. Ya Chez Mario!!! Seriously, best Pizza in Lausanne!! Just so happens to be topped off when the company is equally as fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete