Brandon Flowers or no Brandon Flowers?

That was the big question Rob and I faced on Sunday night. We went to Zurich to see Brandon Flowers, the lead singer of The Killers perform at Kaufleuten The tickets said that the concert started at 8pm, so we were convinced that we could see the whole concert and catch the train back at 10.04pm and be tucked up in bed just after midnight. Well, 8pm came...and then 8:15pm, and then 8:30pm...and no Brandon Flowers... Finally a long hair blond guy with a guitar and very beautiful girl came onstage...although I am not sure that I could pick Brandon Flowers out of a line-up, I knew this was not him... It was now 8:45pm...I was thinking that I should have taken a pair of those noise reduction ear plugs they were giving out, given our fantastic spot in front of the stage and right next to the speakers. While I was enjoying the performance, the only thing I was thinking about was the fact that we may have to decide, Brandon Flowers or no Brandon Flowers? The opening act finished their performance and left the stage...the set change happened...the time ticked on... So, it is now 9:30pm and we are supposed to leave at 9:40pm to catch the train. What do you do? Well, you do the right thing and realize that these sort of things only happen once in a lifetime, and whether I get six hour of sleep or seven, I am still going to be tired the next morning! So, Brandon Flowers it was! And he did not disappoint.

Now, put your Brandon Flowers CD in your CD player (yes, I still buy CDs…and I still own a CD player…) put on the song Crossfire, turn the volume up really loud and tap your feet and belt out the lyrics as loud as you can!

1 comment: